Activation Problems & Ridiculous Customer Service
Dr_Nat

I recently converted from FIOS internet to the bundle.  The service is good, but the customer service is just plain awful.  Starting with botched installation times (that cost me 5 hours of leave), it has been terrible.  Now, I cannot activate the service (the purpose of which is mysterious except to serve as a time drain) because it does not accept my order number.  Tried IE, Firefox from a PC and also a Linux machine. 

I tried to reach customer service by phone; was routed through several options before it gave me a message about calling back during business hours.  More time spent dealing with a stupid voice activated buggy system.  Of course, I cannot send a simple email or chat with a live agent like all decent companies set up.  Why don't they just provide an address I can write to?  Why do I have spend hours (will I could send them my usual billing rate of $300/hour)?

I was about to switch to Verizon wireless; I think I will stick with AT&T after this experience.

Sorry for venting; can anybody (and, Verizon rep, if monitoring) help?

Thank you.

Nat

0 Likes
Re: Activation Problems & Ridiculous Customer Service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Dr_Nat

If you go to this page you'll find contact links for the various services that Verizon provides. Select the one you need to speak to, and you'll get email and other options.

Regards,
ElizabethS

boydpdx

I'll also comment on Tech Support problems about FIOS Internet dropping internet connectivity. After FOUR DAYS and 5 different tech support people, I was told to go get a new router at a nearby Verizon store.  I went down there, only to find out that they "don't supply routers."  This was 45 min. out of my day for this. 

ALL the tech support people I actually got a hold of (BTW, I was cutoff right in the middle of two calls), could not diagnose my problem over the phone.  All the "checks" they ran reported "no problem" with the FIOS line or router. Yet, both of our laptops are able to connect just fine at coffee shops in the area (which is where I'm writing this from). As soon as we get home, the problems start. 

I'm fairly convinced there's a serious switching problem in the Beaverton, Oregon, area.  But no one at Verizon seems to be able to find it.  If this doesn't get resolved at some point soon, we'll have to switch interent providers (after Verizon dug up our lawn and got us in a 2-year penalty contract).

0 Likes
Dr_Nat

Thank you, ElizabethS.  Although the link does not give email options for the things I want to do, I did find a chat option which I couldn't find on the main site.  In the meantime, after spending 140 minutes (that is more than two hours!) on the phone, I found somebody who solved about half of my problems stemming from an apparently convoluted mixed-up Verizon database.

Nat

0 Likes
Sleverus
Enthusiast - Level 3
I feel your pain, boydpdx.  I have been trying to get verizon support to understand my problem for 4 months now.  Each interaction w/ support is more painful and frustrating than the last.  I come to find out that not even their customer service people can effectively communicate w/ their support people.  I left comcast for much less than this, but my wife will not agree to switch back...yet.  She's fast approaching the level of frustration that will allow me to do so.  And she's the most patient person I've ever met.  {please keep it relevant}  I don't want to float around these forums, but until my TV service is fixed to my satisfaction, I've little else to do after the kids go to bed.
Message Edited by ElizabethS on 07-13-2009 06:30 PM
0 Likes