Activation fee
Sanakayani

I have had Verizon Fios for around 10 years under our Family name and have always had a great experience. So when I moved back to New Jersey, even though I had an array of options, I went with Verizon Fios Internet. I was given a representative’s number to call to set up my internet which I did and in that conversation, I asked if my activation fee can be waived since online placement of an order gives you that option. He said he will submit a request on his end. A few days later, I chatted with a representative to see if I can move my installation date to another date and in the same conversation asked her if the activation fee will be waived and she said yes and not to worry. After the installation, I didn’t think to look into, considering my previous conversation with the online representative, but then I received my bill and the $99 charge was present on the bill. To address the matter, I chatted with another online representative and at that point, things went sour. The rep stated there is no documentation of my previous conversation and that they will submit a request to the back office and to follow up in 24-48 hours. I followed up after 48 hours and was told it was denied because installation fee is a valid charge. Of course it is a valid charge, but that is not my complaint, my complaint is the fact that I reconfirmed before the installation with a rep about waiving the charge and was told not to worry. And then the documentation doesn’t exist when I reach out again?

To make matters worse, I spoke to a representative over the phone and she reiterated the same as above and then started to raise her voice and seemed like was yelling at me. See the funny thing is, I have only had this particular account for only 12 days but my entire family has been their loyal customer for more than a decade. They didn’t even look into my previous accounts to see that I have had been with them for so many years and have never had a single complaint so clearly if I am bringing this up now, the it is a legitimate concern.

I am on a monthly contract and at this point, I am really look into other options. This is terrible customer service, I have been with ATT for more than decade too for my cellular device and have never experienced anything like this.

0 Likes
Re: Activation fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sanakayani,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes