Add a NetGear Router to my FIOS Internet setup
abelgutierrez

Good Day everyone,

I signed up in Dec with Verizon Fios and I really have not touched anything with the setup with life being crazy. I am finally setting up all my computer equipment and I want to integrate my NetGear Gigabyte N wireless router to manage my home network . I gave it a few attempts in running but was not successful. Has anyone been able to accomplish this with out major headaches?

Abel A Gutierrez

0 Likes
Re: Add a NetGear Router to my FIOS Internet setup
Hubrisnxs
Legend

There are several ways to configure this, but the link below is the most common way and easiest way in my opinion. 

• @abelgutierrez wrote:

Good Day everyone,

I signed up in Dec with Verizon Fios and I really have not touched anything with the setup with life being crazy. I am finally setting up all my computer equipment and I want to integrate my NetGear Gigabyte N wireless router to manage my home network . I gave it a few attempts in running but was not successful. Has anyone been able to accomplish this with out major headaches?

Abel A Gutierrez

• Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router?
  • 0 Likes
    viafax999
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

@abelgutierrez wrote:

Good Day everyone,

Abel A Gutierrez

Configure it as a subnet other than 192.168.1 and give it a static ip address on the 192.168.1 subnet.  Connect a lan port of the fios router to the wan port of the netgear router.

0 Likes
    lou611661
    Contributor - Level 1

No need for me the router i got back in January is a wieless N,my 4th generation ipodtouch with N is working phenominal ,speeds round 26 down 17 up,no need to use the n router i have.