Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Add a NetGear Router to my FIOS Internet setup

abelgutierrez
Contributor
Contributor

Add a NetGear Router to my FIOS Internet setup

Message 1 of 4
(12,515 Views)

Good Day everyone,

I signed up in Dec with Verizon Fios and I really have not touched anything with the setup with life being crazy. I am finally setting up all my computer equipment and I want to integrate my NetGear Gigabyte N wireless router to manage my home network . I gave it a few attempts in running but was not successful. Has anyone been able to accomplish this with out major headaches?

Abel A Gutierrez

3 REPLIES 3
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Add a NetGear Router to my FIOS Internet setup

Message 2 of 4
(12,514 Views)

There are several ways to configure this, but the link below is the most common way and easiest way in my opinion. 

• @abelgutierrez wrote:

Good Day everyone,

I signed up in Dec with Verizon Fios and I really have not touched anything with the setup with life being crazy. I am finally setting up all my computer equipment and I want to integrate my NetGear Gigabyte N wireless router to manage my home network . I gave it a few attempts in running but was not successful. Has anyone been able to accomplish this with out major headaches?

Abel A Gutierrez

• Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router?
  •  

viafax999
    Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
    Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 4
    (12,435 Views)

@abelgutierrez wrote:

Good Day everyone,

Abel A Gutierrez

Configure it as a subnet other than 192.168.1 and give it a static ip address on the 192.168.1 subnet.  Connect a lan port of the fios router to the wan port of the netgear router.

lou61166
    Bronze Contributor I
    Bronze Contributor I

Message 4 of 4
    (12,420 Views)

No need for me the router i got back in January is a wieless N,my 4th generation ipodtouch with N is working phenominal ,speeds round 26 down 17 up,no need to use the n router i have.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
    Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
    Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
    Categories:
    Verizon Troubleshooters
    Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.