Adding Another Router After My G1100

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Adding Another Router After My G1100

Message 1 of 2
(522 Views)

I have a stupid question for you guys.  I've looked up and read https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Using-your-own-router-with-Verizon-FiOS/td-p/851632 but don't believe it supports my rookie question since I'm not placing a different router between my G1100 and the ONT.

I want to keep my G1100 downstairs in my den but I want to also use that same upload/download speed upstairs in the office for work, gaming and streaming.  If I run a Cat6 connection from my G1100 downstairs up to the office, can I connect it to a new 100/100 router I purchase and this will work?  

ONT --> G1100 --> new 100/100 router

Or is there a better way to do this that you'd suggest?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Adding Another Router After My G1100

Message 2 of 2
(502 Views)

Sorry guys.

It was actually a question I should have done further searches into.  Found duplicate topics here, DSLReports and others with similar questions saying it is fine.  If I could delete this question I would.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Adding Another Router After My G1100

Message 2 of 2
(503 Views)

Sorry guys.

It was actually a question I should have done further searches into.  Found duplicate topics here, DSLReports and others with similar questions saying it is fine.  If I could delete this question I would.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.