Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Adding a Verizon router to existing Fios network

nversace
Contributor
Contributor

Adding a Verizon router to existing Fios network

Message 1 of 2
(340 Views)

I recently re-signed up for Fios service after a brief period without service.  I purchased my previous router from Verizon, rather than rent it when I had service until April '20.  I purchased the new modem/router when I signed up again in July. I would like to be able to add the router I previously purchased (Fios-G1100) or the access point (Actiontec WCB6200Q) to the network that was recently setup - in order to boost the signal strength on middle floor - I have 3 floors - the main router in the basement and the access point in the 3rd floor office.  Is this something that I can do? I have an ethernet port and fios cable box in this floor, so I have coax already run here.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
appDev
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Adding a Verizon router to existing Fios network

Message 2 of 2
(305 Views)

You should be able to add it - as long as the new one is still the G1100. I believe you can still do if you got the new G3100 instead, but that part i am not sure.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.