Adding additional internal IP route
suzerf

I have an internal router to connect to a different network. I want to be able to connect to devices in that network. I've selected Advanced->Routing and added a new route. I can now ping the addresses on that network, but can make no connections to them. Adding static routes to my PC allows the connections, but I'd rather the router handle the connections. Does anyone know of a way to allow those connections.

0 Likes
Re: Adding additional internal IP route
Hubrisnxs
Legend

So you're able to ping from a host on VLAN1 to the vlan2?

Also are you using these instructions?

[PDF]

Creating an Ethernet VLAN - Actiontec

support.actiontec.com/doc_files/Creating_an_Ethernet_VLAN.pdf
0 Likes
suzerf

Thanks. Interesting document. It doesn't do exactly what I'm looking for because it sets up the Verizon router to route between the networks but I may be able to do what I need with that.

What I'm hoping for is sending packets to a different router. For example if I want to send packets to something in the 10.0.0.0 network, have the Verizon router send that traffic to to 192.168.1.8 static address of my router. Like I said, ping works fine, but connections do not.

0 Likes
suzerf

I should clarify that what I've done is go to Advanced->Routing and added a route for the network I want, that points to the IP address of the router, which is 192.168.1.16.

0 Likes