Additional explorer shortcut
mpap248
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to have 2 internet explorer shortcuts. 1 connecting with Verizon Central and 1 connecting with Windows Live with MSN. Is this possible?

I like to keep 1 shortcut for my Grandchildren and guests and 1 for myself and wife. The reason for this is I would like to streamline Favorites and add different accessibility's and make it easier by clicking on the proper Explorer Icon on the Desktop.

I have Verizon Fios.

Thank You.

0 Likes
Re: Additional explorer shortcut
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

You can do that easily.  (I'm assuming you're running some flavor of Windows.)

The simplest way is to navigate to the web site you want one of the desktop icons to lead you to.  Then click on the link in the address bar and drag it to your desktop.  That will give you a shortcut that will take you back to that web site.

You can create as many links/shortcuts as you like.  Some shortcuts may be easily identifiable, but if not, you can rename the shortcut.  Right click on it, the shortcut, after you've created it and click on "rename."  Give it a name you like, Grandkids or whatever.  You can also change the icon of the shortcut to make several shortcuts more distinct and easier to identify.

That should do it.

0 Likes
mpapz1

I was able to create the shortcut - Thank You.

Is there any way to have separate Toolbars and Favorites for each shortcut?

Note:

I had to change my login name because of updating MY Verizon login.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

The only way I can think of to have separate toolbars and shortcuts is to have separate user accounts  in Windows for each user.  Maybe that's really what you should be doing....create several user accounts and have the grandkids login to their account; you to yours, etc.

That way you could customize pretty much everything about Windows, including IE setup, for each account.

0 Likes
mpapz1

Thanks, that worked!

0 Likes