Aereo Routing Issues
Rdurning13
Hi everyone - I'm having a really tough time using Aereo on my network. I constantly stream from Hulu, Netflix, HBOGo, etc, in HD without issues/buffering, but with Aereo, I get constant buffering unless I'm watching on Low quality. I ran a trace route for bos.aereo.com and noticed my traffic is going through NYC. Tech support at Aereo suggests this could be the issue, and I should take it up with Verizon. I have no idea where to start a conversation with Verizon about this. Is there a specific technical support department I can/should be contacting? Is there anything that can be done? Has anyone seem this issue with a particular website? I find it strange it only happens with Aereo. Thanks
0 Likes
Re: Aereo Routing Issues
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's likely an issue with Aereo since all other services are working flawlessly.  

Sounds like a bit of finger pointing by them

If you post a traceroute from you to them, and share it with us, we could give better feedback, but Verizon only takes calls like that with certain criteria being met, and the main criteria is that the problem is happening inside their network.   a Traceroute would show that.

0 Likes