After receiving a new verizon router, i can't get Netflix on my TV using a bluray
Jeanette14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried a lot of things.....no help from Verizon, Netflix or Samsung (both Tv and bluray).

0 Likes
Re: After receiving a new verizon router, i can't get Netflix on my TV using a bluray
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is that the only thing you can't get?

Have you confirmed that each device is connected to Internet?

I have 3 Samsung TVs and they can all access Netflix via FIOS.

Re: After receiving a new verizon router, i can't get Netflix on my TV using a bluray
Jeanette14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks....I only have 2 printers which are connected wireless

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jeanette1 wrote:

I have tried a lot of things.....no help from Verizon, Netflix or Samsung (both Tv and bluray).

There is a possibility you are not actually logged into your home network.

in our house the blu-ray is hard wired to our router, this in turn obtains a IP address such as 192.168.1.130 can be any variant. This is all done through the blu-ray settings and need only be done once. It will then go out to the internet with no problem.

now in the same settings on the blu-ray you can if it's available login via wifi and after you find your network SSID you will enter the password and presto you are online.

you can also connect the ethernet to the player and it will use either setup. This is how my Sony Blu-ray and Toshiba blu-ray function. Now if you have Netflix or Hulu or Amazon Prime or acorn tv or even DirectTVNOW on the players they are accessed by following the activation screens. If you have a laptop near by it's easier to set up.

if doing this on an internet capable tv you still must first set up the internet connection and then log in yet again to each service you want to view. However you still must go through the activation process for the tv as you did for the blu-ray player.

your owners manual is still the best place to get setup information. You can also access the help topics available for each player and tv and services.

Good Luck

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Jeannette1:

This info from you can get you more detailed specific info from someone.

Equipment Model Nos. ?
Router
Set Top Box
DVR

TV

DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION.

0 Likes