Airave (AirrRave?) Sprint Port opening
kdhughes

I have the Sprint AirRave signal booster and it has stopped working. Sprint tells me I need to "open" the following ports for the device to work, but told me to ask Verizon how to do it:

53   67   68   500   4500

How do I do this with the Actiontec Router?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Airave (AirrRave?) Sprint Port opening
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kdhughes wrote:

I have the Sprint AirRave signal booster and it has stopped working. Sprint tells me I need to "open" the following ports for the device to work, but told me to ask Verizon how to do it:

53   67   68   500   4500

How do I do this with the Actiontec Router?

Thanks!

Kind of odd that it would work and then stop possibly the rules got set up but on a dhcp assigned address.

You really need a static address for port forwarding to work though it will work with device assigned name if you know it

Logon to the router

select firewall settings

select port forwarding

build the firewall rule/s as below

scroll down lisr and select new entry

key in the ip address of the device (this will be the address of the wan port of the device on the 192.168.1 subnet(the VZ router subnet)

set protocol to user defined

key in application name e.g AireRave53

in the new server ports select the green + sign

Select TCP (presumably, Sprint should tell you that)

leave source port as any

set destination port single

key 53 into the port number box that appears

select ok

repeat add application for ports 67,68,500,4500 note for 67 and 68 you can set them as a range rather than single

when all port added say ok

Your port forwarding rule should now show in the list

ensure there is a check mark to make it active

0 Likes
kdhughes

Thanks for your help, but as I started to implent your suggestions, I realized that I could not find the device listed under the outer network listing.As I dug a little more into the Airrave tech manual, I see that it is listed as having a default IP of 192.168.17.1

I couldn't find any instructions on how to change it to accept DHCP from the router or how to hook it up to a laptop and do it manually, so I am stuck again.

Your help is appreciated!

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kdhughes wrote:

Thanks for your help, but as I started to implent your suggestions, I realized that I could not find the device listed under the outer network listing.As I dug a little more into the Airrave tech manual, I see that it is listed as having a default IP of 192.168.17.1

I couldn't find any instructions on how to change it to accept DHCP from the router or how to hook it up to a laptop and do it manually, so I am stuck again.

Your help is appreciated!

Yes, the 192.168.17.1 address is the base address of the Airave subnet. The device is just a router like the verizon router which has a wan address on the verizon network and an internal subnet of 192.168.1.1 with the base address of 192.168.1.1 being the router itself.  The Yellow WAN jack on the airave device will have an address on the 192.168.1 subnet when you connect it to a lan port on the verizon router (or any switch port that is connected to a lan port on the verizon router), the base address for the router to admin it is 192.168.17.1 and the blue lan ports will have address on the 192.168.17 subnet.

If you can't see the device on the verizon subnet that would be a good reason why it doesn't work!  You can manually set the wan address of the device (see page 11 on the version 2.5 guide).  If it still doesn't work I'd suggest  restting it as detailed on page 15 - note that can take 30-45 minutes.

Page 11 of the manual explains dhcp and statica adressing

To access the admin pages of the device connect a pc or laptop via an ethernet cable to one of the blue lan ports. and then open a browser windondow and use the url 192.168.17.1

the default userid and password for the device are admin and admin - see page 9

0 Likes