Alexa Voice Control Using Your Own Router
Gaudfather1
Enthusiast - Level 2

happy FridayHappy Friday! Having some issues getting my Alexa to control my Fios boxes. She will repeat back to you as if she did change the channel but the channel doesn't change. I'm also not getting my caller ID to TV but everything else seems okay. I recently upgraded to the Fios One service. I attached some screenshots of how I have the quantum gateway configured. I'm sure I have something incorrect in their.image

0 Likes
Port Forwarding Services
Gaudfather1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Working to set up bypassing the quantum gateway and I was wondering if someone knew what ports have to be forwarded in order to get the caller ID to TV to function properly and also the Alexa voice control. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Port Forwarding Services
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a post at the top of this forum on using your own router.

It has all the details you need.

Re: Alexa Voice Control Using Your Own Router
Jthelpsme
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, it doesn't appear Fios TV supports Alexa integration just yet. I checked here for you. https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/alexa 

Caller ID only works with the Verizon router. Hope this helps. 

Re: Alexa Voice Control Using Your Own Router
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FiOS quantum hardware supports Alexa.

FiOS one uses the same software as quantum. I would expect it would support Alexa as well.

https://www.verizon.com/home/fios-tv-voice-control-alexa.html

Server Response for Second Request "Parsing" Failed
Gaudfather1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having issues with the CallerID to TV and having Alexa change channels using voice commands since I have switched out my Quantum Gateway with my router. I have the taken Quantum Gateway out of the equation totally by replacing with that ActionTech Moca Bridge Adapter. Whenever I go to look at my connected devices through the STB and look at the ONT information I always get Server Response For Second Request "Parsing" Failed. When I look at all of the connected devices, they give me back information as I would expect.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure where to start to troubleshoot this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Server Response for Second Request "Parsing" Failed
Gaudfather1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also meant to include my port forwarding setup because I don't know if I have it done properly

0 Likes