quick menu

Alexa stopped functioning after gigabit upgrade

Alexa stopped functioning after gigabit upgrade

Contributor Roums5
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(157 Views)

Alexa was functioning perfectly fine before my gigabit upgrade yesterday. I am still using the same quantum router.  I have done resets and uninstalls of Alexa and still no success for it to work.  I contacted amazon support and they did a check and just heard back that all is correct on amazon side.  They say it is a Fios issue.  Alexa will acknowledge command but no response from cable box to switch channels.  Any reason why the upgrade from 75/75 to gigabit would cause this?  Any recommendations on how to correct?

2 REPLIES
Silver Contributor III Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(109 Views)

Are you just having issues with using Alexa to control the Verizon TV boxes?

Or is it not working at all?

If its just the TV boxes giving you trouble, you may want to reboot your TV boxes (physically unplug them and plug them back in, just turning them off from the remote only puts them in a standby mode).

Contributor AdamHLG
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(68 Views)

I am having the exact same problem.  After the upgrade I suspect maybe the IP address changed or MAC address of the new router and now Alexa responds and but the channel does not change.  Did you run the troubleshooting widget on the STB?  Did it fail at the ping stage?  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios