All my neighbors have Fios but I can't get my new construction house signed up
shaung1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying to get assistance for over a month. I want to sign up for an installation of Fios at a home that I am moving to soon. It is a new construction home that is almost finished. Neighbors on both sides of the house (on the same side of the street) have Fios. I have been calling every week for the last 4 to 5 weeks for customer service to have an installation scheduled but nobody ever calls me back. With my new address not being in anyone's database, the fios availability check initially did not have my address. Now it does, but it only lists for "Add Phone". I have been told that I need to get a Fios engineer to check the area and have my address added to the database. I have been unable to get anywhere to this point. How do I get something done so I can sign up? The houses on both sides of me can get it, so it is available if someone would just add my house to whatever list is needed.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: All my neighbors have Fios but I can't get my new construction house signed up
jonjones1
Legend

Go here https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

ask for a fast ticket. 

This should be able to assist you. Do not agree to phone service to get Fios internet or internet and tv. You don’t need either unless you want them.

View solution in original post

Re: All my neighbors have Fios but I can't get my new construction house signed up
jonjones1
Legend

Go here https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

ask for a fast ticket. 

This should be able to assist you. Do not agree to phone service to get Fios internet or internet and tv. You don’t need either unless you want them.

shaung1
Enthusiast - Level 1

That seemed to get the best and quickest solution for me. Thank you! I was able to go on that forum and received responses from a Verizon Support person within about 20 minutes. After I explained the situation, I was given a link to a customer service chat (with their social media team). They have set up for an engineering review of my address and have told me I should get a response back in 3 to 5 business days, as well as giving me a reference number to follow up with if I don't hear back in time. This is a lot more than what I have been able to get through the regular chat with Verizon or their customer support fios number.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Glad it worked out. I have found the support on DSLREPORTS to be far superior to what you get on the phone, chat, or even here. They are the Verizon social team whom seem to know how to assist.

you will love Fios it’s a good product.

0 Likes
Gail80

Can someone assist me with getting mynew address into the database the fios availability check initially did not have my address. I have been told that I need to get a Fios engineer to check the area and have my address added to the database. I have been unable to get anywhere to this point. How do I get something done so I can sign up? The houses on both sides of me can get it, so it is available if someone would just add my house to whatever list is needed.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Gail80 wrote:

Can someone assist me with getting mynew address into the database the fios availability check initially did not have my address. I have been told that I need to get a Fios engineer to check the area and have my address added to the database. I have been unable to get anywhere to this point. How do I get something done so I can sign up? The houses on both sides of me can get it, so it is available if someone would just add my house to whatever list is needed.

Try with Verizon Direct over at dslreports.com

0 Likes
zampah

hey , i have the same problem 😞 , do you mind giving me an update ? do you have the internet now & how long did it take ?

0 Likes