All ports being blocked now??

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

All ports being blocked now??

Message 1 of 3
(4,820 Views)

I just got off the phone with tech support and was told Verizon is blocking all ports now, so port forwarding won't work anymore.  I am in Southern California and if this is the case, why isn't this board on fire with people threatening the cancel their FIOS service?  I know I will be cancelling soon.  What good is the speed if I can't use it?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: All ports being blocked now??

Message 2 of 3
(4,774 Views)

@Jeff7007 wrote:

I just got off the phone with tech support and was told Verizon is blocking all ports now, so port forwarding won't work anymore.  I am in Southern California and if this is the case, why isn't this board on fire with people threatening the cancel their FIOS service?  I know I will be cancelling soon.  What good is the speed if I can't use it?

Sounds like you might have gotten a mis informed customer support rep.

If ALL ports were blocked, then nothing would work.

What port are you looking to use ?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
Highlighted
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Re: All ports being blocked now??

Message 3 of 3
(4,736 Views)

Also..

What is the brand and model of your router?

What software firewall is on your computer?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.