Allow IMAP
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

Does verizon have any plans on adding IMAP as a way of getting email  -  as it is now I have my outlook set up to delete when I delete from outlook but it doesn't work.  therefore the same email will continue to download to my iphone unless i go to website and delete.

0 Likes
Re: Allow IMAP
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
While you are waiting for the answer to your question or Verizon to add IMAP to e-mail, I can tell you that most e-mail clients have a setting that allows them to store e-mail messages on the server. By default it is usually off.

If it you do not want it on, then turn that feature off.

For example when I used Google to search for

store mail on server outlook express

it told me how to turn on that feature in OE (Outlook Express). Then using "logic", I can turn it off.

^^^

If you have any questions, please post.
0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3
basically what I did was uncheck the option in outlook "not to keep on server" " and that is working,  thanks but I still wish they would implement IMAP
0 Likes
hampal

I would also like IMAP. I have three different PC's and trying to keep email in sync on all of them is impossible.

Verizon, do you read these forums? Please provide IMAP to your residential customers.

0 Likes
sleepysurf

Ditto!  Palm just recently updated  the Pre/WebOS email function, and now I get duplicate emails on both my Pre and Home PC, which I need to delete twice.  Palms response to this issue is that they updated the software to better work with IMAP servers, and they strongly recommend that option for my email.  Well, Verizon STILL doesn't offer IMAP. and simply ignores our pleas. Great customer service!!

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I recently installed Windows Live Mail which I plan to use Verizon email and google mail (gmail).  My comment here is that when I use the automatic configuration tool for gmail it sets up gmail in Windows Live Mail with IMAP.  Maybe something worth considering if Verizon doesn't plan to offer IMAP.

0 Likes
sleepysurf

jumpin' 

Can you set up gmail to grab the verizon POP email, and then access/manage it via IMAP?

0 Likes
lawrencehare
Enthusiast - Level 2

I asked Verizon years back for Imap and was told there were no plans. As the years passed and still no Imap I gave up! All my other mail was Imap compatible so I got a me.com account and I forward Verizon mail to that. Now Outlook, Mail, my iPhone and my laptop all see the same mail. I think Verizon must be the only large mail host that does not support Imap. Never did understand why they did not implement it. Now I don't care!

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

If the provider doesn't support IMAP it will not work.  In Gmail there is an option for IMAP.  Verizon does not have that option so it will NOT work.

0 Likes