Am I getting what I paid for?
PhilWNY

I have just upgraded my TV package from Ultimate to Extreme - at the same time I upgraded from 100/100 to 150/150.

This was not my intent, but I was up sold for no cost - other than a 24mths resign, so I took it.

I checked the speed using the NY state gov speed test and I am getting around 30 up and down. Not even a third of what I paid for originally, let alone the super fast 150 I am told I can have.

I ran the test at three completely different times/days and got the same result from my phone, laptop and ipad.

I even installed the Verizon speed optimizer on my PC and still the same result.

If this is outside of Verizon's control and is due to local infrastructure, what am I paying for the 150/150 for? - I was upgraded by the Verizon sales person on the phone - all I wanted was a TV channel change - I now find myself knowing that I am locked into another 24mth program and speads in excess of 4 x slower than I am paying for.

Or is this not the case? I would like the company to explain - but that in itself is close to impossible to find a channel to speak to someone.

0 Likes
Re: Am I getting what I paid for?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
TelecomAdvo
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the past, network cards were not able to handle the speeds. There are different tiers. Also, playing with the settings, if you are using wireless helps.

Have you tested hardwired?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) You need to test via hardwired connection (as was previoulsy stated).

2) Veriozn (and most ISPs) only guarantee your connection to their network. To verify that, go to speedtest.verzion.net. If you are getting your subscribed speed, then Verizon has lived up to their terms. If not, you can use that data to contact support and they should act to correct the issue.