Switch Account

Annoying popup

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Annoying popup

Message 1 of 3
(626 Views)

I'm getting a noxious popup titled "Verizon Message Center." Is it from Verizon? It acts like malware - doesn't respond properly to mouse clicks. How do I get rid of it?

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Annoying popup

Message 2 of 3
(595 Views)

@JDPhillips wrote:

I'm getting a noxious popup titled "Verizon Message Center." Is it from Verizon? It acts like malware - doesn't respond properly to mouse clicks. How do I get rid of it?

Not sure what popup you are talking about. What are you doing when it comes up? Is there a specific URL that it happens at? Do you have any Verizon software/toolbars installed? What browser are you using? Could we possibly get a screenshot of the popup?

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Annoying popup - Maybe IHT Message Center

Message 3 of 3
(581 Views)

@JDPhillips wrote:

Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/How-do-I-disable-Verizon-Message-Center/m-p/392325#M26226

Some of the VZ applets install something called "IHT Message Center," which to me does not appear particularly useful.  Look in your "Add/Remove Programs" (depending on your OS) and see if it's in there.  Then get rid of it quickly.  I mean, NOW.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.