Another router with port forwarding problems
tboydva1
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK, So I think I've tried everthing... As far as I can tell, I have things set as all of the on-line guides suggest (and how I've done with other routers)? Here's my configuration:

http://public.tjb-home-backup.net/BoatRestoration/portforward.jpg

I have a linux box which I use for an sftp and ssh server. I want to forward requests for port 22, 10000, and 8333 to my internal address: 192.168.1.5. I've done this with other routers without trouble. Firmware is the latest? Tried rebooting. Tried UDP forward by itself and with TCP forwarding. All without success? What could i be doing wrong???

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Another router with port forwarding problems
pamcphilly
Enthusiast - Level 3

You would want your rules to be:

TCPAny -> 22

TCPAny->10000

TCPAny->8333

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@pamcphilly wrote:

You would want your rules to be:

TCPAny -> 22

TCPAny->10000

TCPAny->8333

Yeah, not very intuitive is it

I wasted a day and half trying to get port forwarding to work just the same way as the originator of this thread did.  Finally I edited one of the canned applications and saw the TCPany setting otherwise would never have guessed it.

0 Likes
tboydva1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!!! That did it. The two instructions I read said to choose the port you want to forward (not any!). I agree - a relatively poor design. Thanks again.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please do not forget to mark as solved.

0 Likes
pamcphilly
Enthusiast - Level 3

It can be kind of confusing.  With any TCP/IP communication there is the source port and the destination port.  The source port is usually a radom port assigned to the client.  That is why you want to set it to Any because you generally don't know what port the communication is going to happen on.

0 Likes