Any alternative to uploading a website?
three_jeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I needed to make changes to my website hosted by Verizon at the ftpmysite ip address.  Several tries using FTP resulted in "Waiting for welcome message....Connection timed out...Could not connect to server"......**bleep**!?!?!?!?!?!?

After a lengthy phone session to a Verizon tech support person, he confirmed that they no longer support file uploads....(it took him 30 mins of  *looking* to try to find some documentation about this....and he endedup talking to someone in another dept to finally confirm this....amazing....their intranet must be as badly organized as their internet.......)

I was told it was a 'security issue'....what **bleep**.....they are playing with their customers....have they never heard of FTP over secure socket layer?  how about VPN....btw, if they don't want to spend the $s for a COTS VPN server, OpenVPN works VERY Well!

I asked the support person I was speaking with to please relay intense disatisfaction with this action and that they should quit BSing the customer about it being a security issue....Having implemented a secure system for a large organization, I know the reason is NOT technical....

SO, does anyone know of any alternative to up load files and not have to go through their laughable site builder?????

I have alternatives but would prefer to use a resource that I am already paying for....

-J

Re: Any alternative to uploading a website?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry but at this time there is no way to modify the site. Currently the site builder is the only way, but it wont be able to modify the current site. A new one would need to be created using the site builder. I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but is the only option. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

0 Likes