Switch Account

Any firmware update for WCB6200Q wifi-extender?

Any firmware update for WCB6200Q wifi-extender?

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 1 of 5
(4,973 Views)

I bought it from Verizon with firmware 1.1.04.31.

http://opensource.actiontec.com/wcb6200.html

Shows that 1.1.10.20 is available.

It has been working fine for a while but recently the 5G bandwidth is giving me 14Mbps instead of 80.   If I power cycle the WCB6200, then I can get 80Mbps again on IPad Prod.  The next day it goes back to 14Mbps.

4 REPLIES 4
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 5
(4,955 Views)

@Pyao wrote:

I bought it from Verizon with firmware 1.1.04.31.

http://opensource.actiontec.com/wcb6200.html

Shows that 1.1.10.20 is available.

It has been working fine for a while but recently the 5G bandwidth is giving me 14Mbps instead of 80.   If I power cycle the WCB6200, then I can get 80Mbps again on IPad Prod.  The next day it goes back to 14Mbps.

Normally firmware updates are pushed out via the providers or in certain cases by the manufacturer of your device. You could try to unplug and then plug back in to see if the update happens . In certain situations you could go to the vendors site and see how to push the update yourself.

Copper Contributor kapinos
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(4,771 Views)

I am having the same issue with that firmware version.  5 GHz channel drops out over night and all the connected WiFi devices switch to the 2.4 GHz network.  5 GHz light on the extender even goes out.  This seems like a power saving feature of some type.  Would be nice to have the ability to override it.

Copper Contributor kapinos
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(4,579 Views)

I was having wireless issues at home after a power failure and decided to press and hold the WPS button on the extender.  After the extender was back up and running I noticed the code is now 1.1.04.36.  The GUI has a different look but nothing else is visible in terms of new features.

Peter

Contributor Jack21117
Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(3,389 Views)

Actiontec website says that ISPs requested they not publish latest firmware or rev list so th ISPs can keep us all at their mercy and in the dark I suppose. MyJuly purchased WCB 6200Q hacks rev 1.1.04.36. Hey Verizon, ever heard of KRACK?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.