Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Any ideas?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
(535 Views)

Hi,

We recently had a really bad thunder and lightning storm which knocked the router out of commission. I had to call to get it up and running again, which it is except for: 3 of 4  connections are working-the 4th, a computer socket, will not function. The other 2 and the wifi are working fine. We already tried changing the cable from the box to that computer. Any ideas as to what could be wrong or how I could call and get an actual person to come to the house to fix this? Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Any ideas?

Message 2 of 4
(528 Views)

Either the switch port on the router (socket) could be bad, or you could have a problem with the PC.

As a test, try moving the cable for the PC to a known working port.

If it works, the problem is the switch port and you need to request a new router from VZ.

If it doesn;t work connected to the known working port, then you have a PC problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 2 of 4
(529 Views)

Either the switch port on the router (socket) could be bad, or you could have a problem with the PC.

As a test, try moving the cable for the PC to a known working port.

If it works, the problem is the switch port and you need to request a new router from VZ.

If it doesn;t work connected to the known working port, then you have a PC problem.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 4
(496 Views)

I had a similar experience with lightning.  I lost all but one port on the router.  After a few months, it died too.  Verizon replaced the router at no charge; even upgraded me to a 802.11n model.

Bottom line, if you think its the router, call Verizon.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(423 Views)

Thank you for your input. I did call Verizon. We tried the switch the plug and have determined that the puter is the problem. 

Again, thank you for your time.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.