Re: Anyone else not able to connect to Craigslist?
BuzzLightyear1

I can not connect to Craigslist.org or MSN.com. This started back on Tuesday January 12th. I called DSL support and still no luck. They had me go through a few things and resetting my modem and still I can not load these sites. After reading some posts here on Verizon I do not understand why they do not fix these problems. Now they are going to send me a new modem. I do not think that is the problem. '

Here is another link that looks the same

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/DNS-issues-in-SoCal/td-p/393781/highlight/false/page/7

0 Likes
MrsMark
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am able to reach Craiglist.org but I also noticed that you mentioned you are using dsl and I am using Fios.  I hope you get your issue resolved soon.

0 Likes
MrsMark
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok I just found out some information that may explain why many people can no longer access Craiglist.  Do a search on the SOPA bill.  This may explain everything. 

mrballcb
Enthusiast - Level 3

@MrsMark wrote:

Ok I just found out some information that may explain why many people can no longer access Craiglist.  Do a search on the SOPA bill.  This may explain everything. 

Though craigslist did participate in the SOPA protest, it's not SOPA causing this.  Instead, it's an as-yet-unresolved internal issue with Verizon.  As others have said, the other really long thread about Verizon DNS is discussing this issue in great detail (but it's not really DNS that's the issue).  The best quick fix to get your connection working again is to contact tech support, have them invalidate your lease, and then reboot the router.  When it comes up, it will get a new IP, then test to see if it works.  If not, you and the tech repeat the process *until* you get an IP that does work.  Don't let the tech off the phone until your connection starts working.  And also ask (nicely) for them to please escalate this up to their manager(s) and to ask them to escalate it up to engineering.

petegallegos

I can't connect to craigslist. Just got off the phone with Verizon dsl support.  they tried some things but nothing worked. But if I go to my friends two houses down I can connect. Verizon said it's a  "craigslist website problem" I don't think so

0 Likes
teamplayer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not been able to view Craigslist since Tuesday January 10. The connection times out. Internet Explorer gave me a HTTPS error code 12029, I contacted Verizon techs and started my case 01121230588. They could not fix it after wiping out all browsing history, checking all firewalls, updating windows, reseting my DSL, and several other things. My Internet Explorer error code changed to 12031 a FTP error. I called again the next day and they put in a request to their Whitelist team for help who are trying to reach Craigslist's techs, wihich I read was impossible. Haven't heard anything back from any of them. Called Verizon again a couple days later, desperate, asking for a new modem, they said "no" and that isn't my problem and I would only recieve the same model anyway. They had me try to connect from my wireless lap top instead of my home computer, still with no success. Well what is the problem?!?!? I haven't heard back from anyone.

0 Likes
bobowah
Enthusiast - Level 1

FINALLY it works...1/23 after calling into support on sunday morning and show them that there were routing issues.

We reset the router one more time Monday night and it worked!!!

now I can have endless hours of perusing craigslist!!!

and now I can get online to pay my gas bill at socalgas.com which did not work either or boe.ca.gov.

Totally ridcioulous 13 days of intermittent internet traffic.

I still have issues with netflix streaming but it could be everyone surfing last night trying to catch upon on 13 days of craigslisting.

AtomB1

I had the same issue with boe.ca.gov late last week where I could access the site, but not the express pay for taxes.  Of course, we had to pay taxes right away and VZ tech understood my testing that isolated their routing.  He was able to release the IP on my router and then it was fixed.  

Monday Jan 24th, last day I tried to browse Craigslist.org and everything was working.  Fast forward to today, I can't access craigslist.org at all.  Ping test = success.  Tracert = success.  Basically getting a timeout with IE, Chrome or Mozilla.  No other computers (wired or wireless) ,iPad or Droid can connect via VZ FIOS.  However, if I tether my phone to laptop I can connect and browse CL website just fine.   It's like the packets are being dropped on the return.  

Called VZ tech, she was polite and fairly knowledgeable but every attempt to release IP from router failed.  Stuck with same situation, cannot browse CL.  

What kills me is the response that they're unaware of any network issues and I simply google FIOS blocking CL and I get this forum with mulitple threads from SoCAL users unable to connect for the last 2 weeks.   

I'll call back tomorrow if its still broken and continue until I get a new IP.  

0 Likes
gws1963
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this... no device going through my FIOS router can connect to the main craigslist pages... although I CAN see their FAQ, my user account, etc.

0 Likes
gws1963
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interim solution:  use kproxy.com or similar proxy site to get to craigslist.org

Verizon has confirmed this is an issue on their end.