Anyone in NoVA/DMV area having issues to fios gigabit service? (disconnections)
evlx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been disconnecting for the last few hours every few minutes. I've contacted verizon support and they are sending a tech out to me in a few days. However, the rep i've spoked with said he was getting some error code "ONT State Out Of Service (OOS-AU) ONT: ALCLA0B44831".. any idea what this means? and what caused it?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone in NoVA/DMV area having issues to fios gigabit service? (disconnections)
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Means either a fiber or ONT issue at your house.

Hence the reason tech has to come out to investigate.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone in NoVA/DMV area having issues to fios gigabit service? (disconnections)
jonjones1
Legend

@evlx wrote:

I've been disconnecting for the last few hours every few minutes. I've contacted verizon support and they are sending a tech out to me in a few days. However, the rep i've spoked with said he was getting some error code "ONT State Out Of Service (OOS-AU) ONT: ALCLA0B44831".. any idea what this means? and what caused it?

It’s saying your Alcatel ont is kaput. Reason could be a faulty line, a faulty battery, a electrical spike, even a loose anything. Just let the tech fix it.

0 Likes
gg786
Enthusiast - Level 2

Always one orr the other since they introduced 2 bandwidths.

0 Likes