Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Anyway to sample the 75/35 speed before comitting to it?

jerryb53
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Anyway to sample the 75/35 speed before comitting to it?

Message 1 of 7
(3,578 Views)

Can I sample the 75/35 speeds before I commit to it?

6 REPLIES 6
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Anyway to sample the 75/35 speed before comitting to it?

Message 2 of 7
(3,551 Views)

@jerryb53 wrote:

Can I sample the 75/35 speeds before I commit to it?

Find someone near you that has it. Perhaps a local FiOS store. A shopping mall kiosk? Tough to tell. It used to be, if you had FiOS you could change tiers without a new commitment. But if you go to 75/35 from say the older 25/25 or something Pre Quantum, you can't go back to the slower synchronous speeds tiers, as the are no longer offered.But I would think that the 75/35 would be the same cost now, unless you have the older 35/35 tier which was rather cool. But even now the costs are probably pretty competitive. I would say go with Quantum speeds, as I have been happy with my 75/35. It depends on your use. If you have more than one user, there is a huge advantage. I would not see my speeds suffer when my wife and/or daughter are online at the same time.

Now if you do not have FiOS, check to see if there is a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on your install. I have been happy with my FiOS and have never looked back.

Just my opinions

NickZQ
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(3,473 Views)

Also make sure you have the right equipment to take advantage of the 75/35 tier on a wireless network.  It isn't much of a problem to get the full speed on wired cabling but you will need a more advanced 802.11AC router to get the full 75/35 wirelessly.  You just plug the new router into a verizon fios router via WAN port to LAN port.

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 7
(3,467 Views)

@NickZQ wrote:

Also make sure you have the right equipment to take advantage of the 75/35 tier on a wireless network.  It isn't much of a problem to get the full speed on wired cabling but you will need a more advanced 802.11AC router to get the full 75/35 wirelessly.  You just plug the new router into a verizon fios router via WAN port to LAN port.

For most a 802.11n will get you full speed.  802.11ac are obviously more desirable but still kind of rare.  No 802.11ac gear was available from Verizon last I checked.

JoeMan
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(3,465 Views)
From my understanding you can sign up for the quantum speed if you want it and then decrease the speed later if you don't like it. You should talk to a Verizon rep about it but I don't think it will change your contract or anything. they would just charge you for the time you had that speed.
tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 6 of 7
(3,441 Views)

I believe that once you sign up for Quantum, you can only downgrade within the Quantum ranges.  I.e you can drop back to 50/25 but no lower.

prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 7 of 7
(3,408 Views)

@tns_2 wrote:

I believe that once you sign up for Quantum, you can only downgrade within the Quantum ranges.  I.e you can drop back to 50/25 but no lower.

I believe mine showed a 15/2 option but who wants to go there?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title