Anyway to sample the 75/35 speed before comitting to it?
jerryb53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can I sample the 75/35 speeds before I commit to it?

0 Likes
Re: Anyway to sample the 75/35 speed before comitting to it?
prisaz
Legend

@jerryb53 wrote:

Can I sample the 75/35 speeds before I commit to it?

Find someone near you that has it. Perhaps a local FiOS store. A shopping mall kiosk? Tough to tell. It used to be, if you had FiOS you could change tiers without a new commitment. But if you go to 75/35 from say the older 25/25 or something Pre Quantum, you can't go back to the slower synchronous speeds tiers, as the are no longer offered.But I would think that the 75/35 would be the same cost now, unless you have the older 35/35 tier which was rather cool. But even now the costs are probably pretty competitive. I would say go with Quantum speeds, as I have been happy with my 75/35. It depends on your use. If you have more than one user, there is a huge advantage. I would not see my speeds suffer when my wife and/or daughter are online at the same time.

Now if you do not have FiOS, check to see if there is a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on your install. I have been happy with my FiOS and have never looked back.

Just my opinions

NickZQ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also make sure you have the right equipment to take advantage of the 75/35 tier on a wireless network.  It isn't much of a problem to get the full speed on wired cabling but you will need a more advanced 802.11AC router to get the full 75/35 wirelessly.  You just plug the new router into a verizon fios router via WAN port to LAN port.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NickZQ wrote:

Also make sure you have the right equipment to take advantage of the 75/35 tier on a wireless network.  It isn't much of a problem to get the full speed on wired cabling but you will need a more advanced 802.11AC router to get the full 75/35 wirelessly.  You just plug the new router into a verizon fios router via WAN port to LAN port.

For most a 802.11n will get you full speed.  802.11ac are obviously more desirable but still kind of rare.  No 802.11ac gear was available from Verizon last I checked.

0 Likes
JoeMan1
Enthusiast - Level 2
From my understanding you can sign up for the quantum speed if you want it and then decrease the speed later if you don't like it. You should talk to a Verizon rep about it but I don't think it will change your contract or anything. they would just charge you for the time you had that speed.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that once you sign up for Quantum, you can only downgrade within the Quantum ranges.  I.e you can drop back to 50/25 but no lower.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@tns_2 wrote:

I believe that once you sign up for Quantum, you can only downgrade within the Quantum ranges.  I.e you can drop back to 50/25 but no lower.

I believe mine showed a 15/2 option but who wants to go there?

0 Likes