Are the Fios internet and Fios TV cables interchangeable?
kappy602

I have two connections in coming into my living room.  One cable is going into the cable box. The other cable is across the room and is going into my fios router.  I want to move the TV to where the computer is and the computer to where the TV is.  Are the two cables interchangeable?  Can I just move both devises and plug the "cable box" cable in to the fios router and the "fios router" cable into the cable box?  Or do I need to move the cables?

0 Likes
Re: Are the Fios internet and Fios TV cables interchangeable?
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

@kappy602 wrote:

I have two connections in coming into my living room.  One cable is going into the cable box. The other cable is across the room and is going into my fios router.  I want to move the TV to where the computer is and the computer to where the TV is.  Are the two cables interchangeable?  Can I just move both devises and plug the "cable box" cable in to the fios router and the "fios router" cable into the cable box?  Or do I need to move the cables?

where yes coaxile is needed for the router and cable box you will need ethernet RJ45 cable for the computer network adapter,or wireless adapter no cable needed,but wherever the TV is going you will need coaxile.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@kappy602 wrote:

Yes, the two coax cables are interchangable.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@lou61166 wrote:

where yes coaxile is needed for the router and cable box you will need ethernet RJ45 cable for the computer network adapter,or wireless adapter no cable needed,but wherever the TV is going you will need coaxile.

What?  The OP simply wants to know if the two coax cables are interchangable.  There is no mention of, or need for, RJ45 cables in what the OP is asking.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could just get a splitter and put both devices on either of the connections.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure I understood some of those replies ...

Simply put, if the TV is FiOS TV and the Internet is FiOS Internet, then the two coax cables are identical and you can exchange devices however you prefer.

0 Likes