quick menu

Are there different versions of the Gateway g1100 router? Some that handle faster speeds?

Are there different versions of the Gateway g1100 router? Some that handle faster speeds?

Contributor Stocon
Contributor

I'm looking to buy a used router. I know if I buy a rental I'll just pay rent and Frontier routers can be a problem. My question is are there different G1100 gateway routers that handle different max speeds or are they all the same? Any problems with buying a used Gateway Router? Can't find any different model numbers anywhere. TIA Steve

2 REPLIES
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Try Amazon for a Quantum Gateway Router G1100

or some folks say eBay also has them for about $60 some lower.

just make sure in either place to make sure it’s not a Frontier flashed firmware.

it must be Verizon Fios only. Check seller ratings on eBay and check at Amazon as well.

both places have great return policies.

Highlighted
MVP JustinG MVP
MVP

Hey Steve!

To answer your question - there is only one "G1100". Any Verizon branded G1100 should work, they'd all be the same speed with dual band AC wireless.

Best of luck!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios