Are there modems made compatible with 300mbps Fios so that I can buy my own router?
krus54

I'd like a new router...one that allows more than 1 guest network.  I'm not sure my Quantos Gateway router is the best.  But I can't seem to find just a modem to hook up to the Asus router that I would like to buy.

Right now my 100/100 mbps speed drops to about 35 mbps when I go in a 30 foot straight line away from the router.  The router is raised about 1/2 way up the wall with no obstructions in the 30 foot line.  My TV has big problems with audio / video synch and I'm not sure if the drop in streaming speed from the router has anything to do with this.   I can 't move the router to the TV because I need the router in my home office for my employer provided desk phone which needs to be connected directly to router.

I do see that Verizon is now offering 300 mbps for the same price I'm now paying for 100 mbps.  Does Verizon have more up-to-date router/modems or can better ones be purchased elsewhere?

0 Likes
Re: Are there modems made compatible with 300mbps Fios so that I can buy my own router?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon does not use modems.

Once you upgrade higher than 100M, you will get Internet via ethernet.

If you have FIOS STBs, you can use a MOCA adapter to support their access.

Read the thread on using your own router for more details.