Asking to return equipment that I never had- please help
ctrinh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I recently just cancelled my FIOS account and today received boxes for returning equipment. 

It's asking me to return 2 cable cards and 2 routers.  I've only had 1 cable card the entire time and one router as well.  I tried initially reaching out to the subcontractor number that handles return for fios, they couldn't find anything on my account so they transferred me directly to verizon. Verizon also wasn'table to do anything but say that it was noted on the account that I only had one router and one cable card.  I definitely don't want to be charged for equipment that I never had!

Another note,  I also think that when i signed up for Verizon 2 years ago,  the agreement was I was able to keep the router if i didn't terminate my contract within 12 months.  I was never charged a monthly rental fee, and my initial signup says that the router fee was waived.  I have no problem returning the router but I think this is misleading. I also found this term of service here that states the same thing. https://www.verizon.com/ForYourHome/Includes/FiosTVTosText.htm

What do I do at this point?  Should I mail in the equipment that I do have in my possession or should I keep calling verizon ? How do i escalate this? 

0 Likes
Re: Asking to return equipment that I never had- please help
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details.

Ask the agent for confirmation of the equipment listed on your account, and then return that equipment. You will need to discuss the router with the agent.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

If you have a Verizon store near you that takes back Verizon rented equipment, I would return it there. That's what we do if we need to get a replacement STB, if it no longer works, or are cutting back and not using as many STBs. Get a receipt, and then you can't be told they never got the equipment you sent back. Also explain to the customer service rep at the store , that you only had so much equipment.

Our store to return STBs,etc. is about 6 or 7 miles away but it's worth the trouble.

Holly

0 Likes
mirbi

I am currently going through the same thing. Three years ago I set up my Verizon services that included only (1) DVR Box and (1) Digiatal Adapter. When I moved this June, I brought the two pieces of equipment back to the local drop off location because the tech installed (2) new boxes. For some reason, Verizon thinks I had (2) DVR boxes and (2) Digital adapters. Even though the two pieces of equipment I returned were taken off my account, I am cureently being billed over $700 for two pices of "phantom"  equipment that I never owned. There is an open ticket number but I am nervous this will not be resolved. Please help with the process here. My payment is due 9/6 and I want these charges taken off by then so I dont run the risk of having to pay for incorrect charges or being late on payments.

Thank you

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mirbi,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes