Availability
doc86

I've heard that the network laid down as of now is going to be pretty much it as far as FiOS goes.  Is this true? 

If not... is there a map to see some scheduling on when my house will have FiOS access? or is there a way to request service installation at my house?

0 Likes
Re: Availability
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@doc86 wrote:

... is there a map to see some scheduling on when my house will have FiOS access? ...

Perhaps your best shot is this:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

JUST TRIED THIS LINK

HOPE THIS HELPS

http://communities.verizon.com/fiosavail/

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@doc86 wrote:

I've heard that the network laid down as of now is going to be pretty much it as far as FiOS goes.  Is this true? 

If not... is there a map to see some scheduling on when my house will have FiOS access? or is there a way to request service installation at my house?

As of current word, yes. If your town or CO doesn't already have FiOS active, chances are very slim that you'll get it. You have a better chance getting Google Fiber at this point. If your CO has it, chances are much better that you still have a chance. My CO for example, was wired up for FiOS about five years ago however the section I'm coming out of is still copper (DSL and Telephone). My town has no agreement for TV, however the next town over, which is where my CO is has the TV agreement. Verizon's building FiOS out right by me at a glacier pace, so I still have some hope, but I have no idea as to whether or not I'm able to et it.

The future is being touted as Wireless, which already has proven it's not up to the task. See: Every wi-Fi network out there, and see stopthecap.com for articles on Verizon regarding Hurricane Sandy 🙂 . Also see your own LTE / 3G performance on a smartphone and how inconsistent it is.

Everyone else in the thread has supplied some info for you to go by, though.

0 Likes