Availability

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Availability

Message 1 of 4
(590 Views)

I've heard that the network laid down as of now is going to be pretty much it as far as FiOS goes.  Is this true? 

If not... is there a map to see some scheduling on when my house will have FiOS access? or is there a way to request service installation at my house?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Availability

Message 2 of 4
(564 Views)

@doc86 wrote:

... is there a map to see some scheduling on when my house will have FiOS access? ...

Perhaps your best shot is this:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 3 of 4
(475 Views)

JUST TRIED THIS LINK

HOPE THIS HELPS

http://communities.verizon.com/fiosavail/

Tom
QIP 7100 1,YAMAHA ATS 1080,QIP 7216 P2, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone SE
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(453 Views)

@doc86 wrote:

I've heard that the network laid down as of now is going to be pretty much it as far as FiOS goes.  Is this true? 

If not... is there a map to see some scheduling on when my house will have FiOS access? or is there a way to request service installation at my house?

As of current word, yes. If your town or CO doesn't already have FiOS active, chances are very slim that you'll get it. You have a better chance getting Google Fiber at this point. If your CO has it, chances are much better that you still have a chance. My CO for example, was wired up for FiOS about five years ago however the section I'm coming out of is still copper (DSL and Telephone). My town has no agreement for TV, however the next town over, which is where my CO is has the TV agreement. Verizon's building FiOS out right by me at a glacier pace, so I still have some hope, but I have no idea as to whether or not I'm able to et it.

The future is being touted as Wireless, which already has proven it's not up to the task. See: Every wi-Fi network out there, and see stopthecap.com for articles on Verizon regarding Hurricane Sandy 🙂 . Also see your own LTE / 3G performance on a smartphone and how inconsistent it is.

Everyone else in the thread has supplied some info for you to go by, though.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.