Awful Experience
SteveB11

Today has been truly awful. Beware of Fios at this point. I have been a customer for many years and signed up for a new contract this spring. It is now summer and I am moving 1 mile away in the same zip code and they can’t transfer my services. My options are either to pay 160 dollar early termination fee and slightly raise my bill  or basically that is the best option as they get worse from there. They call the exceptions department but that doesn’t work then by luck they figure out something that works to transfer services as is. Turns out that luck was they transferred my services to the residence I was moving out of (yes the same one they were transferring from) and the icing on the cake is that the cancel services order also worked so now I have no internet at either place. I spend an hour plus on the phone getting this sorted out (turns out the cancel order also ends my old account so I can no longer transfer) and at least they are going to waive the early termination fee if I call back in but before I can get the new service they must do a credit check. I declined to take the credit ding over their error and to their credit they had a work around but they have to hang up on you to send the verification email. By some miracle the verification works but now I am disconnected and do not have any installation details. 30 minutes of hold later I find out the bill is actually slightly more than my old bill and there is a 99 dollar SELF-installation fee. They can’t waive it but they will put you on hold for 30 more minutes while pretending to try and get the supervisor and offering you 50 dollars. When it becomes clear you are not doing that they just drop your call back in the queue and they say hmm looks like we need to talk to credit people at which point you give up after 3 hours.

TLDR: fios massively screwed up my transfer of services and so far the only thing they have offered to do to fix it is raise my bill and charge me an installation fee that shouldn’t be associated with transfers.

please anyone help me!

0 Likes
Re: Awful Experience
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SteveB1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes