BATTERY BACKUP
Dale3401

I'm getting beeping sounds indicating my battery needs replacing.  I don't plan on replacing my battery. So I disconnected it. I pressed the Alarm Silence button to silence the beeping. But that only works temporary. How do I get the beeping to stop permanently?

0 Likes
Re: BATTERY BACKUP
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a few different BBU models. Some will stop beeping and other won’t. Best thing to do is schedule a technician visit so they can upgrade you to the newer power adapter that doesn’t have the battery. 

This will not cost anything because it is a Verizon equipment change. Just call up and tell them you don’t want a new battery would like them change to the power adapter to stop the beeping. 

SeeKay2

Followed this advice and called VZ last evening. They scheduled a tech for today (Sat!) and he even was ahead of time. I also learned a couple of things:

1. The BBUs with batteries are obsolete. When they upgrade interfaces to giga-speed, they replace these.

2. One of the reasons for replacing these BBUs is....reliability problems.

3. If you use a cordless phone for your landline, the BBU won’t do you any good - because the base won’t have any power.

4. They do have/sell a backup power device that takes a bunch of “D” cell batteries. But if the power goes out, we’re probably using a cell phone.

Bottom line: Don’t replace the battery to stop the beeping. Call V’s C/S number and request replacement of the BBU. I actually read the post I am replying to to the rep, and he said, “yep, that’s what you need.” No cost to me (see #2 above).

0 Likes