BBU beeping
starchie
Enthusiast - Level 1

My BBU says replace battery and is beeping every 20 minutes or so. I want to silence the alarm button. I have tried pushing the silence alarm button and have gone through the troubleshooting paces (i.e. unplugging and replugging) but beeping continues every 20 minutes or so. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BBU beeping
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you aren't worried about it, then just disconnect the battery.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you aren't worried about it, then just disconnect the battery.

jonjones1
Legend

@starchie wrote:

My BBU says replace battery and is beeping every 20 minutes or so. I want to silence the alarm button. I have tried pushing the silence alarm button and have gone through the troubleshooting paces (i.e. unplugging and replugging) but beeping continues every 20 minutes or so. Any ideas?

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/battery-backup/beeping

The link above will show you how to silence the alarm, and also remove it for good.

Good Luck 

kevinwho

Maybe I am missing something in that link.

I've reset the BBU several times over the years, but I think the battery is really shot at this point. I don't feel I need the BBU so I tried to follow the instructions to simply disconnect it.

I removed the battery. It has been physically out of the unit for a week and the thing still beeps. I've hit the button to silence the alarm several times, and that seems to stop the beeping for a while, but then it starts up again.

Aside from installing a new battery, what can I do to silence this thing for good?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kevinwho wrote:

Maybe I am missing something in that link.

I've reset the BBU several times over the years, but I think the battery is really shot at this point. I don't feel I need the BBU so I tried to follow the instructions to simply disconnect it.

I removed the battery. It has been physically out of the unit for a week and the thing still beeps. I've hit the button to silence the alarm several times, and that seems to stop the beeping for a while, but then it starts up again.

Aside from installing a new battery, what can I do to silence this thing for good?

Thanks!

Not all BBUs act the same. There are different models out there. Best thing to do is call Verizon and schedule a tech to upgrade it to a power adapter since you don't want the battery. That won't be a charge since it is Verizon equipment and you won't have to ever replace the battery or hear the beeping anymore.