BBU beeps - battery was not installed - response inadequate

BBU beeps - battery was not installed - response inadequate

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor TomBreton
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(7,814 Views)

I had Verizon Fios installed last thursday (29 Oct).  Seemed to work.  But after the installer left, I noticed that the BBU beeps every 15 minutes or so.  At first I thought it might sort itself out - like maybe the battery was still charging. After a few days, it was still going on.  So I checked Verizon web and had a closer look at the BBU.

After opening the faceplate - maybe I'm misunderstanding the big empty spot in the middle - it looks as if the battery was never installed.  I have a picture of the BBU; I emailed it to Verizon so they could see the situation.

I got no satisfaction from customer service email. They first directed me to resources that had nothing to do with my problem.  When I replied that this didn't help, they directed me to "Please visit  Verizon Help & Support", which was where I came from in the first place.  I replied again and got exactly the same response.  It produced a very poor impression. Even if it was an automated reply, (a) I was left in mid-thread with an inadequate response, (b) nowhere did it say it was an automated reply.

If Verizon wants to follow up on this, the email thread in question was "Re: General Support-Essentials & Extras Help Request Help Request vz1928579nm5"

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 3
(7,813 Views)

I apologize for the hardship and the mistake.

I cannot access that e-mail you referenced, but if you still need a battery I can arrange for one to be shipped or a tech to come install it for you.

Please PM me with your acct TN and I'll get this taken care of for you right away.

Kevin
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Contributor TomBreton
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(7,692 Views)

Thank you, Kevin.  The battery arrived today; it installed easily, the warning light immediately stopped showing and the beeping has stopped.

Tom Breton

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.