BEWARE OF OFFER!!!!!
vpasq
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like the saying goes, "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.!"  Today in the mail, I received a notification from Verizon offering me an upgrade to Fios Quantum 100/100 Mbps internet, and included in that written letter it says "Upgrading costs less than you think. It's only $15 more a month plus taxes, and to help you make the most of your increased speed, we will even give you a brand-new Fios Quantum Gateway router."  (text in quotes verbatum from the letter)  THAT IS THE ONLY MENTION OF COSTS/FEE'S or CONDITIONS.  

However, it sounded too good, so I inquired,  which the letter invites you to do. GUESS WHAT - I was then told, there would be a "Network Upgrade Fee of $150, split in three monthly installments" and a technician would have to come out and install a new ONT.  NONE OF THIS IS MENTIONED OR ELUDED TO ANYWHERE IN THE ADVERTISEMENT/LETTER.  (not even in the very fine print at the bottom)

I quickly said, NO THANK YOU, I WILL STAY WITH MY CURRENT SET UP (75/75) AND AVOID THE COST.  I never got into whether this would extend my contract (not mentioned in the letter either, but I am sure that would be another surprise).

I am not a disgruntled Verizon customer, and in fact, I have renewed service with them THREE TIMES, the latest this past March, with complete satisfaction.  I always welcome a deal, but this would have been a mistake!!!!!!!  I AM HAPPY WITH WHAT I GOT!!!! 

Just wanted others to be aware in case you get the same letter what lies ahead.

0 Likes
Re: BEWARE OF OFFER!!!!!
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm at end of contract and out of interest went to see what a renewal costs.  I'm also 75/75.  I know that you need a different ont for 100 and up.  According to the web site renewing for 2 years an upgrade to 100/100 would cost and extra $10 PM  AND 150/150 would be an extra $20 pm.  Did you check on the web site or phone in?  Was your offer for a renewal or just and upgrade?
0 Likes
Re: BEWARE OF OFFER!!!!!
vpasq
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree with everything you said, and even told the rep I didn't understand the $15 charge when the plans as you listed are only $10 difference, but that's when he advised of the Network Upgrade fee and said he could not adjust the plan upgrade amount.  In other words, no real answer.  THIS ALL STAETED BY A MAILED LETTER FROM VERIZON SOLICITING THE UPGRADE as I stated in my original post showing the only terms and conditions was $15 dollars a month for the increase.  

Obciously, it is a NON-STARTER and I will stay with 75/75.

0 Likes