BEWARE - Verizon Provisioning Routers at Speeds Lower than what You are Paying For
Mike12346

I am (was?) a loyal 14 year Verizon FIOS customer.  I recently decided to renew my 2-year contract and upgrade my service, that was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made.

My issue, I upgraded from 75/75 to 100/100 simple right - well not so much.  

To keep 12.5 hours with tech support brief in this post, the outcome was that I discovered (and Verizon agents finally admitted) that I was being billed for 100/100 and the initial install provisioned the system to 100/100 that Verizon had then change my provisioning to 75/75 a few days later.  

I wonder how many other customers they are doing this with also? 

The support team members are very good at trying to blame speed issues on other problems, but check to make sure your router is provisioned at the speed you are paying for!

0 Likes
Re: BEWARE - Verizon Provisioning Routers at Speeds Lower than what You are Paying For
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mike1234

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes