Switch Account

BEWARE: Wrong website price quotes for upgrading internet and Verizon doesn't honor.

BEWARE: Wrong website price quotes for upgrading internet and Verizon doesn't honor.

Contributor Cephus
Contributor

After spending over 3 hours on the phone and in chat sessions, I found that using the Verizon website to upgrade my internet was quoting the wrong prices that Verizon won't honor. To add insult to injury, I had purchased a new $200+ router from a 3rd party to use after considering their initial pricing. As shown below, $229 was the price quoted, however, they include a $12 rental for a Quantum router, which I did not want. Since my $209 plan was generating a monthly bill of $217 I thought I could get a deal of around $225 after taxes - with no renewal of my contract and a $149 upgrade fee to replace my ONT.  I was wrong. The second screenshot shows what the plan would have been AFTER I had completed the order on the website. Notice how the price jumps up $40!!!!!! I wish I had taken more screenshots of this discrepancy as it only became apparent as I was working with the Verizon representative on the phone to remove the Quantum router.

Verizon.pngPrice Comparison of Current Plan to Upgrade Pre-Checkout

Now I feel dirty and taken advantage of. To get this plan that I now felt obligated to get, I have to pay over $240 monthly and had to renew my contract to get the price that low.  If I had known this would be the case, I would never have purchased a router and pursued this upgrade.

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 2.23.42 PM.pngPrice Comparison of the True Price Verizon Would Charge

1 REPLY 1
Contributor Justfish
Contributor

This is something they do all the time!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.