Backing up the configuration of Westell A90-9100EM15-10
Markintx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a process for backing up the configuration of a Westell A90-9100EM15-10?

I have several ports configured with Webcams, rdp, etc to the internet and do not want to relearn Westell menus every time Verizon asks me to reset to default. I can get a config listing, but I am looking/hoping for something smilar to the Actiontec (which failed after several yearsSmiley Sad) save/reload config command.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Backing up the configuration of Westell A90-9100EM15-10
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look under the Advanced section of the Westell. It should contain a link to the Backup/Restore page for the configuration file like the ActionTecs do.

0 Likes
Re: Backing up the configuration of Westell A90-9100EM15-10
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I don't have FIOS there is something that I heard/read...

#1  It will depend on the firmware of the router.

I am not sure of the details, so don't quote me on this and say what I saying word for word is correct because maybe it is not.

There is a point that in the firmware release(s) where will not let you restore the settngs from previous/former firmare.

For example the backup settings on 4.9 firmware, you will not be able to restore the settings in 5.0 firmware.

#2 If I am wrong that has not happend yet on the Westell, oh ok.

a) The Westell will not let you restore settings from the Actiontec.

b) If it has not happened yet on the Westell, then some day in the future it could happen (There will a point that in the firmware release(s) where will not let you restore the settngs from previous/former firmare).

0 Likes