Switch Account

Backup Actiontec router

Backup Actiontec router

Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(2,940 Views)

Hi all,

Is it possible to backup an Actiontec Ml424WR Router settings?  If I blow out the router settings somehow I would like to be able to restore the settings to the router than to try to remember how I configured the router in the first place.

Thanks,

Jerry

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(2,933 Views)

@Jerrycee11 wrote:

Hi all,

Is it possible to backup an Actiontec Ml424WR Router settings?  If I blow out the router settings somehow I would like to be able to restore the settings to the router than to try to remember how I configured the router in the first place.

Thanks,

Jerry

Yes. Just log into the router, then:

Advanced ==> Yes ==> Configuration File ==> Save Configuration File

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(2,923 Views)

One additional note.

If you have to change the router, the backup probably will not work with a different hardware or firmware revision. But yes Justin has it right on the money. It is always good to have a backup of your existing configuration. I have not or Verizon has never messed with my configuration. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

I never break anything.Smiley Wink

With the older versions the backup used to be stored in a text format. You could do some cool things. The new routers store the backup in a binary smaller format. Probably to prevent the cool things, and save memory space that is at a premium.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.