Backup Actiontec router
Jerrycee11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all,

Is it possible to backup an Actiontec Ml424WR Router settings?  If I blow out the router settings somehow I would like to be able to restore the settings to the router than to try to remember how I configured the router in the first place.

Thanks,

Jerry

0 Likes
Re: Backup Actiontec router
Justin46
Legend

@Jerrycee11 wrote:

Hi all,

Is it possible to backup an Actiontec Ml424WR Router settings?  If I blow out the router settings somehow I would like to be able to restore the settings to the router than to try to remember how I configured the router in the first place.

Thanks,

Jerry

Yes. Just log into the router, then:

Advanced ==> Yes ==> Configuration File ==> Save Configuration File

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: Backup Actiontec router
prisaz
Legend

One additional note.

If you have to change the router, the backup probably will not work with a different hardware or firmware revision. But yes Justin has it right on the money. It is always good to have a backup of your existing configuration. I have not or Verizon has never messed with my configuration. Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

I never break anything.Smiley Wink

With the older versions the backup used to be stored in a text format. You could do some cool things. The new routers store the backup in a binary smaller format. Probably to prevent the cool things, and save memory space that is at a premium.