quick menu

Backup battery repeatedly needs re-set

Backup battery repeatedly needs re-set

Highlighted
Copper Contributor mmeisler
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(326 Views)

My backup battery unit starts to beep.  I disconnect it for a few minutes, hours, days.  Re-connect.  All is fine for a few weeks.  Then it starts again.  I've checked the battery and it is not empty.  It is also not very old (less than a year).  I am starting to think the unit might be bad because I don't know what else it could be.

Any ideas?  Yes, i know I can remove it altogether if I don't want it, but I'm not asking for that option right now.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(317 Views)

@mmeisler wrote:

My backup battery unit starts to beep.  I disconnect it for a few minutes, hours, days.  Re-connect.  All is fine for a few weeks.  Then it starts again.  I've checked the battery and it is not empty.  It is also not very old (less than a year).  I am starting to think the unit might be bad because I don't know what else it could be.

Any ideas?  Yes, i know I can remove it altogether if I don't want it, but I'm not asking for that option right now.

Thank you.

have verizon look at it. cold be defective. 1-800-VERIZON 

if you don't want to disable you can just buy a new battery and see if that stops the beeping.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios