Switch Account

Bad Router, Worse Service

Bad Router, Worse Service

Highlighted
Contributor UnhappyGB
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(271 Views)

Wondering what the protocol is if a router goes bad. Using Verizon provided router and it died. Chatted with "Beena" and she assured me the new router would arrive in 1-2 days. After not seeing a delivery for 5 days I once again contacted Verizon. Turns out the original order was never placed. All told, I was without the router for 10 days. In the meantime between kids homework and my own work from home we burned through 10GB of cellular data, which I now need to pay for at $15/GB because we don't have an unlimited data plan. When I asked for compensation Verizon offered $13.33 for lost internet and would not budge. Chatted with supervisor "Muralidhar" and he would not offer me anything more. XFinity here I come!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(255 Views)

You could have went to a fios location and picked up and returned the bad router. No wait.

you could keep a personal owned router to swap in if the situation should happen again.

However these are points to ponder for the future.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(156 Views)

Most service providers explicitly state that they will not cover any ancillary costs a customer has due to service outage.

You might be able to get a refund for the days of outage.

But unless you are leasing the router, they may not consider it their issue.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.