Bad business
Gold4

Buyer beware. Run. Do not walk. Run away from these guys. 

Yep. Got me. Sneaky **bleep**. Raised my rates with nary a text or email.  Ever miss a payment? You get bombarded by emails and texts the very next day. I went back and looked at all the pdf versions of the bills. Never, not once, is there a mention of what the bill was going up to until I got the new bill. All it said, in very small print, was promotion extended until 6/22/18. It's been 2 years. What promotion? What does that mean? Oh yeah, we’re about to stick it to one of our good customers. Not me. I tried to lower it. On my phone. Don’t do it!! You get stuck with another 24 month contract hidden in the very fine print. I’ll pay the early termination fee that just suckered me in and go somewhere else. This is the shadiest business practice I have seen in a while. Shame on you. 

0 Likes
Re: Bad business
jonjones1
Legend

However look at each of those invoices from month one through month 24 and it clearly states your discounts. Discounts that expire in one year of the contract, this raises your invoice by that amount of expired discount.

On year two the next discount expires which raises your monthly rates. However there is clear written communication on those invoices of when these discounts expire.

since I have never been late paying my invoices I wouldn’t know about dunning emails.

but I read every invoice I receive. Be it Verizon or my gas company or my bank statement etc.

0 Likes
Gold4

There is not clearly written communication. And to provide even more evidence of these criminals, they charged me for the next month of service. Told me they’d take it off but then did not. So now I have to waste more time with these crooks. Totally unscrupulous immoral business practices. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately you will get the same treatment in 2 years from the Cable company you switch to as well. 

It's not just Verizon. It is all these companies because they know there is nowhere else to go. You have a main telco provider and a main cable provider. Even if you decide to go VoIP and Streaming TV you still need your cable/telco company to provide you internet. Same if you get Satellite. You still need internet.

Alot of people switch back and forth every 2 years. Or cancel and reorder in spouse or roommates name. Both very annoying, but it's just the game we all have to play. 

0 Likes