Bad patch cable or something else?
Cu2uva

Hi there, I’ve reset my router countless times. Unplugged it and replugged all of the cables in, gone through the reset with the Verizon app and still have the red globe. I have the red glove but the WiFi signal is white. On the back of the router my LAN lights are lit up but the Ethernet cable is not lit up. It is a patch cable that goes into it. Any advice?

0 Likes
Re: Bad patch cable or something else?
Cu2uva

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was it working before?

Do you know if your ONT is provisioned for coax WAN or Ethernet WAN?  That will tell us which cables need to be plugged into the router to get rid of the red globe.

Have you tried replacing cables?

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The pictures finally posted.  Are the crimp connectors on the Ethernet cable?  Not good, especially for gigabit.  I’m even more curious if this was working, and if it was, what changed.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If that is your network cable which runs between the ONT and the router, I would recommend taking out those crimp connectors and terminating both ends with RJ-45 ends. Then use an RJ-45 coupler to join the two cables together. Those crimp connectors work good for DSL and POTS Telephone. Not for Ethernet.