Bait and Switch
huthmakerj
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the last two years I have had an ongoing saga with Verizon.  When I first had the service installed, it was suppose to $99 a month.  However, my bill has never been less than $180.

Just last month I threatened to leave Verizon for Charter.  I told them they were offering a 30 megabit internet connection for $45.00 a month, and I gave them one last chance to retain me as a customer.

The representative thanked me for the opportunity and offered to give me their 25/25 internet line for $59.00 a month.  Well I just got my bill today for over $80.  I called, and representative said they could never give me that service for that price.

Who do you guys think you are?!?  I'm not an idiot.  I have never gotten a bill that was even close to what I was quoted over the phone.

I'm done.  Charter is getting installed on Friday.  I've filed a complaint with the better business bureau.  If that doesnt get a resolution to my satisfaction, I'm going to file a small claims suit to recover every dollar over what I was quoted.

Re: Bait and Switch
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
atantekeier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is the worst ISP I have ever used, not only is their support HORRIBLE, they refuse to help me with my random disconnects....

When I call to ask them to fix it they told me that I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT, (by the way that after they hang up on me twice) and I can change from CAOX to Ethernet but I will have to buy the cable and route it myself.....

Not only does this company has sub par service (they are trying to tell me my drop outs are due to too much bandwidth, but I'm sure they are used to customers not knowing they can monitor their bandwidth through the gateway, and service dropping out at 1am with 86kbps usage? I thought fiber optic was supposed to be able to handle MORE bandwidth than cable)

But their customer service is the worst that I have ever seen for ANY company,  no one is willing to help me with my service disconnections but when I DO THE RESEARCH MYSELF TO TROUBLESHOOT they say, sure you can do that but you have to buy the materials and then call us to switch it on our end......

How pathetic is this? If you're providing a service and it is not working for your customer, YOU should fix it, regardless of what the problem is.

I have no clue how this company still has so many customers with such horrible business ethics.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@atantekeier wrote:

Verizon is the worst ISP I have ever used, not only is their support HORRIBLE, they refuse to help me with my random disconnects....

When I call to ask them to fix it they told me that I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT, (by the way that after they hang up on me twice) and I can change from CAOX to Ethernet but I will have to buy the cable and route it myself.....

I have to believe you have omitted some details here.

If you are getting random disconnects I'm not sure what that would have to do with the connection between the ONT and the router as it is far more likely to be between the router and the pc, probably when using a wireless connection.  In such a case changing the ont-router connection from coax to ethernet would have absolutley no effect.

Did you try connecting your machine to the router directly witha an ethernet cable and if so do the disconnects still happen?

Looking at the logs on the router should tell you if the disconnect is happening at the router and give some kind of indication why it is happening.  If the log does show that then it is a VZ issue and they should dispatch you a tech to troubleshoot the issue.

What appliactions are you running when these disconnects occur?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@huthmakerj wrote:

For the last two years I have had an ongoing saga with Verizon.  When I first had the service installed, it was suppose to $99 a month.  However, my bill has never been less than $180.

Just last month I threatened to leave Verizon for Charter.  I told them they were offering a 30 megabit internet connection for $45.00 a month, and I gave them one last chance to retain me as a customer.

The representative thanked me for the opportunity and offered to give me their 25/25 internet line for $59.00 a month.  Well I just got my bill today for over $80.  I called, and representative said they could never give me that service for that price.

Who do you guys think you are?!?  I'm not an idiot.  I have never gotten a bill that was even close to what I was quoted over the phone.

I'm done.  Charter is getting installed on Friday.  I've filed a complaint with the better business bureau.  If that doesnt get a resolution to my satisfaction, I'm going to file a small claims suit to recover every dollar over what I was quoted.

If I were being charge $180 a month just for internet service I too would be upset.  However I used to pay roughly that because I, and I'm sure you too, had more than just internet service, I had phone and tv service with multiple HD boxes.

You don't actually detail what you were getting charged for but your bill is itemized so you could actually see the breakdon.  You can also see the breakdown online, item by item charged, and can modify the services you require without the need for involving a VZ rep.

What does the 25/25 internet service shows for a line item cost on your my service page?

0 Likes
mitch109
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to renew after a long wait on hold. I was told I would get $104 price for two years of triple play service. I got a e-mail with the list of charges it became $160. They seem to do a bait and switch which is illegal in most states. I have cancel before the 30 days to avoid the hefty cancellation charges and switch to optimum which has no contract. I will be making a complaint to the FCC  for fraud and would recommend any one else who has been victimized by there bait and switch do the same. Also with optimum I spoke to a sale person in seconds and one that even spoke English the put the contract in a e-mail with the same price we agreed on. I am posting on Yelp and other web sights to warn friends of there illegal practices. Recommend that you do the same warn people on all social media sites..  Two bad I have a two year contract with my Verizon cell phones I would cancel them too. But will not renew anything again with this company.

chrisjhab

I am going through this bait and switch pricing right now.  I was quoted by the sales rep that my bill would remain the same price if I signed a 2 year contract with them.  I just got the bill and it is about $35 higher than the quote.  I even had the rep repeat the price to me.  Now I call Verizon today and no one can help me.  They tell me I need to call the diconnect line and maybe they can do something for me.  I am within the 1st 30 Days so if they do not honer the price they quoted me I can not see staying a customer any longer. 

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi chrisjhab,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

chrisjhab ,

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

0 Likes
Unhappy445
Same here. Manager offered a promotion. Advised that he needed to have me place the order at the current promotion and he would then add additional discounts. He never did. Three months later, no one seems to have any response other than "we don't know." My bill has skyrocketed. Matter referred to Presedential Appeals, who also can't explain what happened other than to suppose a mistake was maybe made by the manager who quoted the price Waiting to see their final response prior to forwarding all my records over to New York State Phblic Service Commission. Be very wary. Check out New York State Public Service Commission for the most recent in their efforts to have Verizon stop unethical practices.
0 Likes