Bait and Switch
AngryVerizonMan

Yet another Verizon Bait and Switch. Background; We live as an extended family. Recently my mother in law was diagnosed with cancer and my father in law is having layoffs at work for the holidays... Merry Christmas right?! I want to help out more with house bills and our Internet is slow.

I contacted Verizon to set up Gigabit internet at the advertized price. The website was "down" and kept glitching and not showing the gigabit availability. Talked to Chatbot, explained what was going on, and success! I can add Gigabit for my family while giving the in-laws time to transition over to my Internet and lower their bills.

Problem, Verizon calls the in-Laws, who are not in the best place right now due to their unbelievably stressful situation. The guy is extremely rude on the phone, tells them that they will Jack their Bill up to $320 a month, then hangs up on him!  Right now we have 75/xxx intenet with TV, I think they are paying about $200 a month. My estimated Bill for the install came out to $0 and $82/month. Verizon is well known to be a souless corporation, but this one really takes the cake.  

Why does verizon punish extended families fro living togather and trying to help each other. I have reported them to the Better Busines

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AngryVerizonMan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes