Switch Account

Bait and Switch???

Contributor iresq
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(379 Views)

I contacted a sales associate about changing my cable/internet/phone service from Comcast to Verizon.  We reached an agreement for services and prices.  I was advised that, having selected a 2 year option, my bill was locked for two years and I would not see any additional billings.  When I received confirmation about the order, I noticed a $69.95 dollar charge.  This charge was NOT discussed with me during the sales consultation.  I immediately called customer service and the person I spoke to advised that since an actual bill had not been generated, they could not remove the charge and suggested I contact their installation department to have the fee removed.  I tried to call the number that was presented to no avail.  I called the main number back.  This time the CSR advised that the fees were the fees that there was nothing that could be done.  When I suggested that there was something that could be done, she immediately corrected me saying nothing could be done.  I suggested that I did not have to take their service at which point she volunteered to transfer me to their disconnection department.

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 2
(377 Views)

you should have talked with that disconnect department, they have been known to work wonders where other departments can't.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.