Battery Backup Beeping After Pressing Silence Button
jg110

Hi. My battery backup unit is no longer necessary since I don't have a landline anymore. The unit was beeping so I removed the battery, but I don't want to replace the battery since I don't need it, but it is still beeping. When I press the silence the alarm button, it only lasts several hours and then begins beeping again. Help!

0 Likes
Re: Battery Backup Beeping After Pressing Silence Button
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you perhaps upload a picture of your BBS? I have one of the ancient ones myself. I pushed the button once after removing the battery, and I haven't had to since. I'm curious how yours is different.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a lot of different BBU models out there. Best thing to do is call Verizon and setup a technician visit to update your BBU to a power adapter. They don't have a battery and won't beep. You also won't be charged for the visit since it is Verizon equipment.

Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's what I figured, too, @Edg1. I'd like to keep some notes on which BBUs behave and which don't.

I would point to Fix batteries issues --> How to stop the beeping to make sure that the button was held the full 10 seconds and such.

(Don't forget to recycle the old battery. Smiley Happy )